Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hello, Imaginary Friends

Since this is (theoretically) my first post, welcome to my blog. Although I've been online since 1996, I've never undertaken a "real" blog before -- not because of any reticence on my part to spill my guts all over my computer screen, but because I don't want to be a hypocrite. I don't make a habit of reading other people's blogs, so why should I expect anyone to read mine? The cyber-universe is critically overloaded with people who are passionately deluded that they have something to say; the last thing it needs is yet another rationalizer. Well, here I am, you lucky folks.

"When your best friends are fictional, honesty isn't what you really need." On the internet, everyone's friends are imaginary by definition. I don't know who you might be, dear reader, but hello anyway. Caveat lector; but I do promise to try to make things interesting. Quality is cheerfully guaranteed, or your money back.
(Panel from Zippy daily strip by Bill Griffith -- www.zippythepinhead.com)

6 comments:

  1. Blogging is spitting in a downpour. You need a big lugie to get noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, break out the hats and hooters (or are only guys allowed to say that?), since Nigey's gonna blog :-)

    congratulations!

    toodles,
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing it for almost 2 years and I love it. Congratulations and good luck blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to bloggyland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nigey,
    Hey you, say hello. pfet@att.net.

    Your Pal,
    Blotto

    Proof of life: Nothing Like the sound of, a bored out oval and three stomberg 97's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nigey,
    Or maybe this: That evening at the dog kennel with Benoit was just magical. Yes it is I

    Blotto, pfet@att.net

    ReplyDelete